Pages

Monday, July 17, 2006

Brother Martin's Coffee Haus (2615 19th St.) Avg. 0

Located in the Lutheran Student Center across the street from Texas Tech University.

The room adjacent to the "coffee bar" is fairly comfortable, with high tables and chairs, and a relaxing atmosphere.

The coffee bar itself appears to be a transformed establishment kitchen. A 1-group Rio machine, and a Rio flat-burr commercial grinder. The true manufacturers of the respective machines is anyone's guess.

Drink ordered:

Double Cappuccino

The doser was full of ground (who knows when) Daybreak coffee (not a good sign).

The filterbasket was well under-dosed and not tamped at all, meaning extremely week coffee (I dare not call it espresso).

I shrug it off, as I have become quite accustomed to below-average coffee from most establishments in Lubbock.

The milk is steaming, and I listen as I hear it pushed far beyond the point of scalding.

With less foam than my companion's latte (very very little, if any), burned milk, and possibly the weakest excuse for espresso I have ever tasted, this was one of the worst cappuccinos I believe I have ever tasted.

Served in a 12oz. to-go cup. There was no ceramic cup in sight.

Grind per shot: no
Tamped: no
Shot time: NA
Milk froth: terrible(hardly existent)

Overall score: 0 out of 10

Don't waste your time.

No comments: